Borussia Dortmund sporting director, Michael Zorc, has confirmed that winger, Jadon Sancho, would not be leaving the club for Manchester United this summer.
According to Zorch, it was the final decision Dortmund took, adding that the England international is in the club’s plan for the 2020/21 season.
Sancho had already agreed to a personal term with Man United as the Red Devils remain favourite to agree to a deal for him this summer transfer window.
Dortmund have already told the Premier League giants to sign Sancho before August 10 (today) when their 2020/21 pre-season tour will commence.
The Bundesliga club has made it clear they will only let Sancho leave if United can meet their huge £120 million asking price for the 20-year-old.
But, Sancho and the rest of the Dortmund squad flew to Switzerland on Monday morning for their 2021/20 pre-season tour.
Reacting to the development, Zorc told reporters on Monday as quoted by Sky Sports: “We plan on having Jadon Sancho in our team this season, the decision is final. I think that answers all our questions,”
“Last summer, we adjusted Jadon’s salary to match the development of his performances. So in context, we had already extended his contract until 2023 back then.”